Wednesday, April 25, 2012

An Introduction

Hello all!

So first a quick welcome! If you're reading this blog, you're bored out of your mind, or tortured by pictures of food you've seen me post on Facebook (or both...or neither?). Regardless, just know that either way, I really appreciate you visiting my page!

This blog is going to be mainly dedicated to food--of all types. And I say all types, for a reason. I am born to immigrant parents, from Iran, and have found myself to be an odd concoction  of traditional Iranian, free spirited American, and everything in between. For this... I couldn't be happier. There is a lot one learns from holding multiple perspectives and looking through different lenses and food, beauty, love, and ideas are no different. What you will likely see here will be a mix of all of those things--mainly food, because it holds a special place in my heart. Food to me, is the one thing that can bring friends, families, and even foes together. It is above all things a necessity that is shared between all living things--often evolving to a source of pleasure and ultimately a talent that can be shared and taught. My recipes are mainly adaptations from other recipes that I see, or things I find interesting and want to try. I try my best to keep them healthy, organic (when I can), and pretty easy. Let me know if there's anything you want me to try out, or any suggestions you may have. Also, excuse my lack of photographic skills--it will improve I promise.

Aside from food, I'm a bit obsessed with makeup and often find myself rambling about things completely unrelated to any specific topic altogether so excuse me if you see a random post here and there.

And without further adieu, next post...Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Away!